The first contact with Nightingale Counselling Consultancy will be with our friendly receptionists who will pass all new enquiries to Florence. Within 24 hours, Florence will be in contact to arrange an Initial Assessment session that will be offered within the next 48 hours. The initial assessment is always handled by Florence, who will assess your situation and appoint the most appropriate counsellor and method of counselling to suit your needs.
During your first counselling session, your counsellor will:
• Assess the nature of the challenges and issues you are presenting
• Find out what you want to achieve
• Encourage you to ask any questions or raise any concerns you may have before committing to a counselling process
• Allow you to get a feel for what counselling involves and how you will benefit
• Discuss the practicalities of counselling by looking at times, number and the length of each individual session required.
We aim to ensure that every client feels safe in the knowledge that they have found a professional organisation that understands the challenges and concerns they face when they decide to seek assistance.
We are firm believers that counselling isn’t a ‘one size fits all’ process. The relationship between counsellor and client must be based on trust, empathy and respect. A counsellor is trained to listen not to judge or blame, which brings a great sense of relief to clients who are seeking answers and resolution. Counselling helps to establish a better way of relating to yourself and others. That’s exactly what we aim to do at Nightingale Counselling.